Annual Bonaverense Soccer Tournament
Rules & Setup
• 5v5 Co Ed (8 Teams)
• Guarantee of 3 Games in Group Stage
• 5 participants on the soccer field maximum, including at least 2 females and maximum of 3 males
• 12 minute halves, 5 minute half time
• Any soccer ball that goes out of play on the side lines is thrown in.
• NO slide tackling - Goalies are allowed to slide feet first in the box, but intentional contact with opposing player will result in a penalty.
• Any unsportsmanlike behavior may result in that player or team being suspended or removed from participating in all NJ Play events in the future.
• Please avoid forfeiture. Both your teammates and opponents count on you to have a full team and competitive game. Game time is forfeit time.
• 12 minute halves with a 5 minute halftime. The clock stops only for official time-outs and injuries. Any purposeful delay of games will cause stopping of clock, at referee's discretion.
• Each team shall field no more than 5 players, consisting of 3 males (maximum) and 2 females (no maximum number of females) at a time
• Win – 3 points
• Loss- 0 points
• Tie - 1 point
• Two groups of 4 (Group A & B). A guarantee of 3 games. Top 2 teams from each group advance to semi-final.
Semi Final & Final
• 1st in Group A vs 2nd in Group B ; 1st in Group B vs 2nd in Group B
•Winner advance to Final
•Winners of Semi-Finals
Free Kicks & Penalties
• Free kicks are direct.
• Any opposing player(s) must be 5 yards away (or ½ the distance to the goal if foul occurs in close proximity to the goal) from the ball when the free kick is taken.
• Free kicks are taken from the spot where the foul occurred and will be appointed by referee.
• If asking for yardage, the kicking team must wait for the referee to signal that the ball is back in play.
• If a yellow card is given, his or her team will play down one player for 2 minutes or until a goal is scored against his or her team. During the penalty, the penalized player must be off the field for the full 2 minutes. A team cannot play more than 2 players down at a time. If 3 or more penalties occur within 2 minutes, the 3rd penalty starts after the first penalty ends, etc. All offending players must sit out until their penalty is up.
• A penalty kick from the top of the key will be awarded if an intentional hand ball occurs in the goalie's marked box.
• If a player receives two yellow cards in one game, they will be ejected and their team will need to play one player short for the remainder of the game.
• Fighting and arguing with the referee will result in a red card. The player will be ejected from the game and their team will play one player short for the remainder of the game.
• Two yellow cards result in not being able to play the remainder of the game. A red card will result in removal from the remainder of the current game. Depending on the severity of the penalty, player may be removed from the remainder of the tournament.
• Each team selects 5 players (3 males max, 2 females)
• A coin toss will decide which team shoots first.
• Both teams shoot at the same goal.
• Teams alternate taking direct penalty shots. If tied after the first round of penalty shots, the second round will be sudden death. (i.e., 1st player from Team A scores and 1st player from Team B misses: Team A wins). Players who shot in the 1st shootout are not eligible to shoot again until all remaining players present have shot. If and when 1 team begins to utilize players for the second time, the other team may “recycle” players as well. Therefore, some players on the team with more people present may or may not shoot.